Friday, August 28, 2009

A Mother's Hand


As my mother is here visiting, I realize that I miss her hand in mine.

It is a mother's hand that keeps us standing tall and upright not to fall. It is a mother's hand that instill discipline when we stray... although it is a mothers hand that keep us guided not to stray nor sway from the path laid, even the one prayed for us to follow from day one till gone.

It is a mother's touch that keeps us in a secure state in our youth. It is surely a mother' hug that eases the pain of misunderstanding of many a trials. It is her hand that pulls us up when we refuse to move forward; for she knows... this too shall pass.

It is a mother's hand that dresses us for the cold weather that awaits beyond her doors. It is her hand that is stretched wide as her arms extends to puck you up with pride. Not that she misses you while you were away; but that you are in her presence once again this day. Now don't get me wrong... she does miss you while your out of her site. She sits and wonders if she got it right.

Did she push you hard enough? Did she hold you close enough? Did she squeeze you tight enough. Did she spank you hard enough to make you walk the path straight and narrow or was she too hard that sent out bitter arrows? Did she lift you high enough for you to see the world that awaits? Did she show you the starts are yours for the choosing?Did she point out that there is no mountain that you cannot climb. Did she hold you in her arms and whisper "go and possess the land for it is your... your father gave it to you"? Did she pat your head when you rested and say "if you don't know I love you it is because you don't want to know... I show you every day"?

Mine did and I miss her hand in mine and I miss her hand that pushes me forward. But most of all I miss her hugs that ends a day. I miss her hand in every way.

Yes I am grown as many may say... never to old for a mother's hand; not today!

Today I celebrate my mother and her hand in my life. (ps... yes that is my mother)

No comments:

Post a Comment